When creating my blog,I was having a hard time thinking of a name.I could not think of anything. Then, I randomly thought of stumbling. When you stumble over something, you accidentally fall over something then think about what just happened. I went on to simplify the idea of stumbling into thinking. Stumbling is not a bad thing. It gives you a couple of seconds for you to take out of your day and just think.
Do you sympathize or empathize?
If someone’s family dog has just died, Do you empathize or sympathize with them? I never knew there was even a difference until my professor explained the difference. This was an important lecture to understand. Not everyone can empathize but everyone can sympathize. When you can empathize with someone, your advice or words are felt. Not saying that sympathizing with someone is not effective. It is easier for a person to connect with someone who shares a similar experience. I now know I would empathize with the person because I have lost a dog and know how emotionally painful it is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment