When I first entered this class, my impression was English is not going to be boring this semester. My first semester of English was unbearable. The teacher was not interactive with the students, no one talked to each other or participated. This class was just the opposite which made the class enjoyable to be in. The assignments I enjoyed the most were the ones that involved team work. What I enjoy about team work is it allows me to hear other peoples perspective. I believe hearing other peoples opinions is key to fully understanding anything. You can never just look at something one way and that is something I learned in this class.
I admit my previous writing skill was average. My writing was scrambled and I would often stray away from the task. Thanks to this class, I can see drastic change and improvement in my writing. I would be wrong if I did not give credit to the helpful hint to outline before writing a paper. Outlining has helped me a great deal compared to when I use to just sit down and write an essay the day before. Organizing my essays has made me feel like a completely different writer. Now that I am actually taking the time to sit down and outline. I am able to brain storm longer and develop better ideas. I now consider myself an above average writer.
I am going to take a lot away from this class. I did not just learn how to write essays in this class but I learned how to interpret writing differently. I can now look at a poem and dissect it verse for verse. I can analyze and interpret what the speaker is truly talking about. Even though, we only spent a brief period of time on poetry. The time was spent efficiently and motivationally. My professor was confident and motivated to help us as students understand poetry. I can now say I honestly do like poetry more. One of the poems I enjoyed was Identity by Julio Noboa Polanco. It was definitely one of the most creative poems I have ever read. I recommend reading to everyone.
Looking ahead into the future, I can see myself working in a bank. My dream is to one day be an established business man on Wall Street. In terms of writing and poetry, I can see myself writing periodically. Writing is a good way to creatively get away from everything. There is a lot of stress that comes with age so I am going to need some type of stress reliever and writing might be just that.
What a well written reflection!!!!
ReplyDelete